Friday, March 8, 2019

My Chosen Ethical Framework Essay

In the theme of Human Services a worker is faced with h anest dilemmas on a everyday basis. In well-nigh cases,a client whitethorn want to declare choices that may not be in their surpass interest. As Harry and Mahoney (1999) stated the paramount goal of sympathetic wait on workers is to enable people to live more satisfying,more autonomous,and more productive lives, by dint of utilizing societys knowledge,resources,and technological innovations. However, this is not always an easy task.The NOHS preface states Characterized particularly by an appreciation of human beings in all of their diversity, human inspection and repairs offers assistance to its clients within the context of their community and surround. Human service professionals and educators uphold the integrity and ethics of the profession, partake in constructive reprehension of the profession, promote client and community upbeat, and enhance their own professional growth. ( honest standards for, 1996)However, as we look closely at this preamble we can discern that it may cause its own ethical dilemmas especially in the field of addiction. What choices does a addictive professional make when the community and milieu that the client lives in is filled with drugs,violence, and crime. It is not unlikely, for an addict to hangk help,having no support because family has lost all trust, being poor, vulnerable,and depressed.They may not see anyway out of an abusive relationship and may project unconstipated contemplated suicide. They may be a single parent or both(prenominal) partners are using with the electric razor in the home. It is in these circumstances that they do not have the self determination to make the right decisions. piece the client has the right to self determination, the counselor has a decision to make like suggesting hospitalization or if there is children living in the land site contacting D. S. S, which violates the clients confidentiality.According to W. D. Ross we are faced with conflicting Prima Facie duties, because of the harm one is doing to themselves or others, we now have a legal duty to newspaper publisher it and violate our clients confidentiality, privacy and intervene for their own safety or the childs. Therefore Locus-Aggregative Utilitarianism theory,under Teleology could be the only solution for me, because I agree with the philosophy of maximizing the great good amongst greater amount of people.By using this ethical framework I have now defend the client or the child by removing them from a harmful situation, saved myself and I have entertained my agency from legalities. In fact, it is this theory in which I try to live by in my everyday life. I have been married for over 16 years and have 3 children. I always teach my children that their actions they take affects not only them entirely the community as well. The community may be in the signboard or in society. To always look for the greater good in everything they do .I have been known to take people into my home because it benefited them. Of course, things didnt always work out right but it still didnt stop me from doing the greater good,So I am definitely, Locus-Aggregative in which maximize the greater good amongst greater amount of people and I dont see me changing these values as I enter into the field of addiction. I would also state that I would follow by symbolise Utilitarianism because I believe it is important to violate my clients confidentiality in order to protect them,their child, the agency, and myself.While I may lose their trust, if they receive the help they remove then then I have done the greater good. Therefore, the preamble to follow the teleology would be as follows Human Services is to provide the closely good with the least harm to the client and all those who have been change by their disease, offer assistance to its clients within the context of their community and environment (NOSH) when there is the least harm A ddiction professionals,licensed/certified treatment providers,recognize that the powerfulness to do well is based on an underlying concern for the benefit of others.This concern emerges from recognition that we are all stakeholders in each others lives the well-being of each is intimately bound to the well-being of all when the happiness of some is purchased by the unhappiness of others, the stage is set for the misery of all. Addiction professionals essential act in such a way that they would have no embarrassment if their behavior became a matter of public knowledge and would have no difficulty defending their actions before any competent authority.

No comments:

Post a Comment