Monday, January 14, 2019

Long hair Essay

Loud, obnoxious, rebellious, go forth of control, and up to no good these atomic number 18 secure a few of a wide number of stereotypes that are attri thated to American adolescents. What is it about(predicate) teenagedrs that make the perch of society seem to turn against them? I believe that there are m any(prenominal) misconceptions about teenagers. Many tidy sum in different generations re wholey believe that on the whole teenagers are up to no good, and are guaranteed fretting no matter where they are. Loud, obnoxious, rebellious, out of control, and up to no good these are just a few of a wide number of stereotypes that are attri scarceed to American teenagers.What is it about teenagers that make the rest of society seem to turn against them? I believe that there are many misconceptions about teenagers. Many nation in different generations sincerely believe that all teenagers are up to no good, and are guaranteed trouble no matter where they are. I am not arguing tha t teenagers a akin(p) that dresst exist, because there are plenty of them out there, but it bothers me that genius type of teenager has been able to spoil the image of all other teenagers.Personally I designate that these stereotypes apply more to me because I am a potent. In addition to being a male teenager, I also have noticed that people think negatively of me because I wear a longer hairsbreadth style than what is typically expected in society. Some people grow long hair to study rebellion, or to be unique, but I wouldnt split up myself into either of those categories, I simply enjoy having it more than short hair. except because of that, many members of society link authentic stereotypes of male teenagers to me because I show long hair. I could be considered many different things including rebellious, troubled, angry, arrogant, or any other sort of stereotype out there. How could anyone possibly claim to roll in the hay all of these false accusations simply based on my age, and my gender? At times it can be techy when people take certain precautions around teenagers, because they believe that we are all reckless, and dangerous.Parents will cross to the opposer side of the street with their kids, people clear sidewalks when walking, other drivers tense up on the road, and all while this is happening, other people will happen one eye carefully watching, just to make sure that all of the rotten teenagers dont do anything dangerous. I sometimes think that people see me and other teenagers as giant, shiny explosives that are about to detonate, so eitherone else needs to distance themselves as frequently and as promptly as possible.Just because a teenager happens to be walking around outside, that should in no way trigger a response where people feel that it isnt safe to be near teenagers. Although it does bother me, I can also see a point of view where I would do the same thing. If I saw someone outside that looked a little bit off-beat to me , I would most likely go a different path as well. However, that raises the question, why does society take in all of these stereotypes and live all of their lives believing false statements? All of it is anomalous I believe.Anyone that knows me will be able to explain that I am the exact opposite of a stereotypic teenager, so no one should need to take precautions if they see me out somewhere. A stereotypical teenager would most likely be thought of being connected to alcohol, tobacco, and drugs in some way, shape, or form I on the other get hold of do not do any of those things, and am strongly against them. Because I do not consider myself anywhere close to a stereotypical teenager, it does bother me when people mistake me for doing those types of activities.All of these common stereotypes dont do any good for the people who actually work hard, and strive to do something with their lives. For many people, stereotyping does more than just become a bothersome hassle. For a han dful of teenagers, the effect of stereotyping makes them feel pressured into behaving like a stereotypical teenager. For example, some people do drugs and alcohol because they are expected to by societys stereotypes, so someone may think, Oh, I am a teenager now, I guess because other people are drinking then I have to as well. I dont even see peer pressure as that much of an issue here, people tend to start drinking or doing drugs voluntarily more often than not, there isnt peer pressure that is forcing them into doing something. And that creates an stallion roundabout of madness. To simplify this many people start acting like stereotypical teenagers, because they feel that they need to in order to be a normal teenager. But that in turn makes society cast out teenagers, when it is actually those same members of society who created these stereotypes for teenagers to follow.In reality, there are some(prenominal) statistics that illustrate a decline in teenage drug abuse, alcoholism , and teenage pregnancy, yet stereotypes unflurried exist (Poole). Are all teenagers loud, obnoxious, rebellious, out of control, and up to no good? Obviously not, there is no way that every single teenager in the world could fit that exposition. And yet, society still labels every teenager in the world by a description very akin(predicate) to that. The few teenagers that live a life similar to that have managed to destroy the image of every teenager that happens to be a good kid.It seems that hardworking, determined, and honest teenagers dont have a get in the world anymore. They are out there, and ready to be noticed, but the rest of society has chosen to view them in the same dash as the bad crowds that exist in the teenage population. Quite strange, that the modelling teenager that is acceptable in society is not taken seriously. why does society view superior teenagers that way? It is not only teenagers it is everybody in the world. No person will ever be right in prejudi cing someone, no matter who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment